You are here
Quarterly Reports Forms
Quarterly Reports Forms
Quarterly reports are essential for effective and meaningful project management, are critical to the success of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) National Background Check Program (NBCP), and are required per the terms and conditions of grant award. The information you provide in your quarterly reports allows CMS to highlight project accomplishments, and identify best practices, strengths, obstacles, and technical assistance needs. The quarterly reports provide a basis to evaluate your overall progress toward attaining your State’s goals and objectives.
All active grantee States are required to submit quarterly reports on the status of the grant. Reports are due on the last day of the month following the end of each calendar quarter:
- January 31
- April 30
- July 31
- October 31
Effective immediately, active grantee States awarded prior to 2018 should continue to submit all required quarterly reports through this web portal and also submit copies of the reports via email to their respective CMS Project Officers and copy Karen Johnson in the CMS Office of Acquisition and Grants Management (OAGM). States awarded in 2018 are required to submit their FFR report via GrantSolutions and do not need to send additional copies of the FFR to their respective CMS Project Officers and Karen Johnson. All other required quarterly reports should be submitted via the web portal with copies of the reports sent via email to their respective CMS Project Officers and Karen Johnson in the CMS OAGM.
Any correspondence regarding quarterly reports should also include Karen Johnson. If you have any questions or comments, please contact your CMS Project Officer directly.
CMS and CNA have prepared templates for the four sections of the quarterly reports. Please use the links below to download the templates.
- Project Narrative Template new as of 10/1/2013; Instructions for filling out the Project Narrative Template
- Federal Financial Report Template; this contains both the template and instructions for filling it out
- Cost Expenditures Template new as of 12/18/2015
- Grantee Data File Template new as of 3/15/2017. Additions and clarifications are marked with "[new]" or "[updated]" and highlighted in red. Please note that the new template does not require States to take any action to change their reporting. States with a TA-developed background check system will automatically include the new program data elements in their report once the State has updated their system to the December 2016 build. States not using a TA-developed background check system are not required to include the new program data elements in their report.
- Summary of Changes from the 2/1/2014 update to the Grantee Data File Template.
If you receive an error message from the Project Narrative Template, please right-click on the link and select "Save as..."
CMS has instructed National Background Check Program grantee States to submit all Quarterly Report files via the BGCheckInfo website. Each State has a "File Uploader" page available from their My State page. Instructions on how to upload files to the website are available here.
If you cannot access any content or use any features on this website due to a disability, please contact our Section 508 Team via email at CNA508feedback@cna.org. Please use the same address to send general comments or questions about our 508 program or broader accessibility issues.
If you are reporting a problem accessing specific content or features, please upload the material in question and/or include the URL. Let us know the specific problems you are having.